The Microsoft Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) makesmore productive by providing powerful preparation and installation tools for Microsoft Professional and Microsoft Windows Server 2003. With Windows PE, IT staff can build custom solutions that speed deployment through automation, so they spend less time and effort keeping desktops updated.
Windows PE offers many features and advantages:
• Be more prepared: IT professionals can more easily prepare to deploy and support Windowsand servers, while making efforts less time-consuming and more productive.
• Save time and focus on critical tasks: Engineers have the ability to inject mass-storage, networking, audio, video, and other types ofdirectly into an existing copy of Windows PE, so IT professionals no longer need to customize MS-DOS-bootable .
• Streamline processes: IT professionals can format disks with NTFS without using third-party. Also, the file-system utilities that Windows PE provides are scriptable, so your administrators can completely automate the preparation process.
• Maintain easy: Windows PE provides access comparable to Windows XP. In fact, Windows PE provides the same network drivers that come with Windows XP, allowing your IT professionals to access the network quickly and easily.
• Customize easily: Because Windows PE is based onand , your IT professionals are already familiar with the techniques and tools used to customize Windows PE. They can customize it for a variety of scenarios including deployment, test and diagnostic, recovery, and other support-related tasks.