Links Roundup : 2006-02-23
- In another very detailed tutorial HD Beat shows you how to get lots and lots of great HD content on your PC. They cover capture cards, downloading and direct cable capture via Firewire.
How to: get tons of HD content playing on your PC [HD Beat]
- What’s the easiest way to convert a plain text list of URLs with descriptions into an HTML page of clickable links?
- I would like to take a web page and assemble a list of every single URL that that page links to. What is the easiest way to do this?
- How can I process photos so that they look consistent on the web (to Mac or PC users)?
- Merlin Mann offers up 9 tips for running more efficient and productive meetings.
9 tips for running more productive meetings [43 Folders]
- Author Bruce Judson has taken his book on starting your own business, Go It Alone to the WWW. And it’s free.
Read Go It Alone!
- Zombie PCs growing quickly online [BBC]
"The number of zombie PCs online is growing faster than ever before, figures show."
- Microsoft looks for ‘protection’ money [CNET]
"After spending billions to secure its software, Microsoft sees security products as a selling point."
Macworld publishes 34 tricks to speed up your Mac’s performance with a few tweaks to Safari, Firefox, Mail, Entourage, iPhoto, iTunes, iCal and Microsoft Office. Handy. Mac tune-up: 34 software speedups [Macworld]
Wiki search engine Qwika machine translates Wikipedia into 11 languages, making the most complete version of Wikipedia – the English one – more widely available. Qwika
8 types of meeting attendees [Jonathon Grubb]