DynDNS Updater is an utility which can be used to automatically update the IP address database in DynDNS server into current IP address.
Updating the IP address is required to maintain the dynamic domain name so it still can be reachable
New features added on DynDNS Updater version 3:
- One executable file that can be run as service or as regular application. Read more.
- A wizard that will guide you to configure DynDNS Updater and to setup your hostname. Read more.
- Supports secure connection to update.
- If you are using DynDNS.org as your service provider, DynDNS Updater can download your hostname, given your username and password, avoiding a mistake in entering the hostname.
- Simplified public IP address detection configuration. In its default configuration, DynDNS Updater should work and recognize most network configuration commonly implemented by home users. For more complex network configuration, you can configure DynDNS Updater so that your public IP address can be correctly identified.
- Supports multiple dynamic dns service providers. The support is configured by using a configuration file, so user can add his/her preferred provider by creating a configuration file for that particular provider. You can check DynDNS Updater FAQ to see if your dynamic dns service provider's configuration file is available.
- Can be configure to send email with update result and current IP address when the update is needed. It supports SMTP authentication and SSL connection.
- Save its setting into text file. This is useful for troubleshooting.
Features available from previous versions:
- Supports multiple hostnames within one update (if the provider supports it).
- Detects and updates IP address automatically when the change is detected.
- Supports multiple IP detection methods. It can detect the IP address internally, by using IP address detection server, or by using router status page.
- Reliable IP detection algorithm. When configured correctly, the detected IP address is highly accurate.
- Works with regular modem connection, ADSL, cable, and many other connections.
- Reliable dialer when using modem. Detects disconnection and automatically dials when disconnected.
- Works from computer behind router, LAN, and proxy.
- Extensive logging information. Displays log on screen and records log into file.
- Configurable log file name with schedullable change of log file.
- Can assign programs that will be run when active connection is detected. It comes with drag and drop support for easy management of the programs.
- Updates Serv-U setting file so that it can be used for passive mode ftp (old version of Serv-U).
- Can specify IP address used to update manually.
- Customizable checking interval.
- Configurable hotkey for faster access into menu.
- Configurable tray icons with ability to hide the icon completely (for normal result).
- Supports offline update. Offline IP address can be specified as an URL or IP address.
- Configurable action that can be taken after offline update (exit program, hibernate, standby, log off, shutdown computer).
- Schedullable offline update.
- Simple, clear, and intuitive user interface.
- Supports Windows XP theme.
- Saves its setting file in simple INI file for easy backup and transfer configuration.
- Saves its setting file in user configuration folder by default, that can be used to secure your setting.
- Highly user configurable.