If you manage a website or write some code for something, you definitely need a text editor to make your job simpler and easier. Well there are a handful of code editors or text editors available as opensource or freeware as well as shareware and commercial products. Let me enlighten you why and which kind of text editor features you really need.
Some of us we just need to edit some files mostly source codes. Few others need it to modify HTML or similar files editing. So if you do it with notepad then you're really wasting your time understanding and navigating the codes. First we talk about notepad replacements. Windows notepad comes with very limited features that doesn't really help you to solve your problem on a day to day basis. Do you need something that is fast, small and can really replace your current notepad. Here are 2 of them that you can count on them.
My First Personal Choice should be Notepad++
Notepad++ is an Excellent notepad replacement comes with a lot of translations and autocomplete features. Offeres syntaxt highlights for an exlusive number of coding platforms.
- You can edit several documents at the same time.
- User can just click on the bookmark margin (located right side of line number margin) or type Ctrl+F2 to toggle a book mark. To reach the bookmark, type just F2 (Next bookmark) or Shift+F2 (Previous bookmark). To clear all bookmarks, click the Menu Search->Clear All bookmarks. See screenshot.
- Now features Plugins to extending the capability.
- Customizable syntax highlighting:
– C/C++, C#, Java, VB, Pascal, Assembler, SQL, Python, NSIS
– INI, REG, INF, BAT, DIFF
- Drag & drop text editing inside and outside Notepad2
- Basic regular expression search and replace
- Useful word, line and block editing shortcuts
- Rectangular selection (Alt+Mouse)
- Brace matching, auto indent, long line marker, zoom functions
- Support for Unicode, UTF-8, Unix and Mac text files
- Open shell links
- Mostly adjustable
Lets Know about some Advanced Freeware Code Editors. Proceed to Next Page